03 September 2022
Royal Mail has now caught up with the backlog of mail, and the next day, tracked items are back on track.
Items posted the day before, during or in the days after any strike action will be subject to delay. We will provide further details of the expected delays to items during the period of industrial action.
Services during Industrial Action
10 August 2022
The Communication Workers Union (CWU) has called on its members who collect, sort and deliver parcels and mail to take strike action on 26 and 31 august and the 8 and 9 September 2022.
We’re really sorry for the disruption that this strike action is likely to cause to you. We want to reassure you we will do everything we can to minimise disruption and get our services back to normal as quickly as possible.
Royal Mail has well-developed contingency plans, but they cannot fully replace the daily efforts of its frontline workforce. We will be doing what we can to keep services running, but customers should expect significant disruption.
On days when strike action is taking place:
- We will deliver as many Special Delivery and Tracked24 parcels as possible
- We will prioritise the delivery of COVID test kits and medical prescriptions wherever possible
- We will not be delivering letters (with the exception of Special Delivery)
What you can do:
- Post your items as early as possible in advance of the strike dates
- Continue to post your items at Postboxes or Post Offices, however collections will be less frequent on days when strike action is taking place
Tuesday 19 July 2022
Severe weather service alert
The Met Office has issued an extreme heat red weather warning for Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 July. Whilst we will do everything we can to keep services running during this exceptional weather, there may be areas where there is some disruption to service.
In areas where temperatures rise to potentially dangerous levels during the day, our staff have been advised to return to the office with any mail they have been unable to deliver and not put themselves under any risk of falling ill due to the extreme heat. The safety of our staff is paramount during this time. Thank you for your understanding.
For information on the extreme heat red warning, visit The Met Office webpage.